Virtual Visits with ADC
Advanced Dermatology Care is proud to offer Virtual Visits
as an option for our patients to receive their dermatological care!
What is a Virtual Visit?
Virtual Visits allow you to receive an examination, diagnosis, and a treatment plan via a video conference with your provider at a scheduled appointment time.
Virtual Visits make access to a dermatology specialist medical provider easy, fast, and convenient.
What Dermatological Conditions can be treated via Virtual Visits? ** limited to one concern per visit
- Medication Refills for patients with established conditions (Some medication refill follow-ups may not be available through online appointments)
- Office Visits to Discuss Treatment Options Following Biopsy Results
- Acne or Complexion Concerns
- Cold Sores
- Dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis)
- Diaper Dermatitis
- Eyelid Dermatitis
- Recheck Hair Loss (initial exams must be done in-person)
Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Lichen Planus
- Moles/Skin Cancers (some may require an in-office visit for further evaluation)
- Perioral Dermatitis
- Ringworm (tinea)
- Seborrheic Keratoses
- Tinea Versicolor
- And many other conditions
How do I request a Virtual Visit?
If you haven’t already done so, you must create and register for a Patient Portal. Once you have a patient portal, log into your portal and click the Mail Tab at the top of the page, and select Compose Message. Chose the category Virtual Visit Request, and send us a message stating your reason for the visit (Ex. Rash, Lesion, Follow-up for Medication Refill). Once we receive your request, we will begin the process of collecting the necessary documents, and selecting an appointment time.
These communications will come via both your Patient Portal and your phone. Please respond to these communications quickly, as this will help to expedite the process to better serve you.
What technology do I need for a Virtual Visit?
- Patient Portal (create and login from our website, www.ADCderm.com)
- Mobile Device, Laptop, or Computer with video and audio capabilities
Can I request a certain provider for my Virtual Visit?
Yes, your Virtual Visit will be scheduled with a specific provider on a pre-determined day and time. If you have preferences please let us know during the scheduling process.
How quickly will I receive a Virtual Visit?
- If you request a certain provider for your Virtual Visit, you may have to wait up to 7 business days to have your visit scheduled.
- If you request the next available Virtual Visit, you will likely be seen sooner.
- Please note that you will need to be actively responding to our calls and Patient Portal requests for scheduling, intake forms, etc. throughout this process in order for us to provide you information and answers in a timely manner.
What if I need a biopsy or other procedure?
If an in-office procedure is needed, you will be instructed to schedule an appointment.
*note that during the COVID-19 Pandemic, in-office visits may not be available. A member of our staff will communicate with you regarding your recommended treatment options.
What does a Virtual Visit Cost?
- Virtual Visits can be billed through your insurance, much like an in-office visit. Please ensure we have your most up-to-date insurance info on file, so we can bill your insurance correctly.
- Patients will receive bills/statements once insurance coverage has been applied. You will be expected to pay for copays, and any amount not covered by insurance within 30 days of receipt.
Is my personal health information kept confidential?
Yes, we take patient safety and privacy very seriously. We adhere to the National Patient Information Security Standards found in both HIPAA and HITECH regulations, including sharing information with any accepted insurance providers. Patient photos, personal and medical information, video chats, and diagnoses are never made public.